Have you ever thought, "Boy I want to continue to read my catechism after catechisis, but I don’t have a lot of time?" I know I sure have. I tried reading a chief part every day, but then each time I came to the Table of Duties I hit a brick wall. It was just too "long and boring" at least for me. So I thought about it today and I worked it out so you only have to read at most 4 pages a day, but most often 2-3, and you still can get through it in 2 weeks.
- Introduction to the Catechism (4 pages)
- Commandments 1-5 (2 pages)
- Commandments 6-Close of the Commandments (2 pages)
- The Creed (3 pages)
- Introduction-3rd Petition of the Lord’s Prayer (2 pages)
- 4th Petition-Conclusion of the Lord’s Prayer (2 pages)
- Baptism (2 pages)
- Office of the Keys (2 pages)
- Lord’s Supper (2 pages)
- Prayers (3 pages)
- Table of Duties: Pastors-Subjects (3 pages)
- Table of Duties: Husbands-Common (3 pages)
- Christian Questions/Answers 1-9 (2 pages)
- Christian Questions/Answers 10-20 (3 pages)
If you don’t have a copy of the Introduction to the catechism you can get it here (it’s formated so that when you print it off it should fit inside the cover of your catechism). Also, page numbers are base off the 1943 catechism, so they might different in later printings. Keep the catechisis train a rollin’.