Tune: Shanti (LSB 771, LSB 720)
Marty Haugen, b. 1950 (© 1984, 2006 GIA Publications, Inc.)
Text: Aaron T. Fenker, Sr. © 2022
Photo by Tim Gouw on Unsplash
We walk by faith and not by sight
With heart and mind and strength
Focused upon the cross of Christ—
His love’s great depth and length!
2. When darkness veils the road we trod
And joy and peace both flee,
We’re turned unto the Son of God
Who tread the same as we.
3. For us the Son of God has died;
For us He rose again.
For this we trust the Crucified,
Who lives and reigns in heav’n.
4. Jesus now hears each sigh we pray
And all our tears records.
One Day He’ll wipe them all away;
Meanwhile He help affords.
5. His cross and empty tomb proclaim
The fullness and the joy
Of His great love that’s e’er the same
E’en when our doubts annoy.
6. His promises are not far off
From us in ev’ry want
For He has bound us to Himself
At the baptismal font.
7. His cross and tomb e’er mark our life
And strength and mind and heart!
In faith we can now face each strife
Naught us from Him can part!